Prepping, Pricing & Tagging Your Items
Gather & Prep Your Items
Gather your BEST items first. Start with the HIGH DEMAND items like baby gear, large plastic indoor/outdoor toys & lots more. Check out our list!
Best way to price? Ask yourself “What would I pay?”
Prices begin at $2 and you decide if you’d like to “discount” it or not. If so, a red dot will print on your tag and Fri night & Sat those items (only) are 50% off. It’s a great option to sell more!
Tagging Made Easy!
6 tags print on a page, so tag 6 items at a time! A few common household supplies and cardstock paper are all you’ll need!
Making, Printing & Attaching Price Tags:
Making & Printing Tags: TIPS
- Descriptions are important. Brand: line 1 & a good description line 1 & 2
- “Quantity” refers to more than one of the EXACT SAME item with EXACT SAME price.
- DISCOUNT: a very good idea to increase sales. Click the box for a dot to print on the tag (ideally print in color!). Last days of pop up items are discounted.
- CARDSTOCK Paper is helpful to keep your tags on your item. White is best.
- Low quality printing is best so the barcode scans
- Sticker Tags are optional but make for fast tagging. Allow 2 weeks for delivery.
Attaching Tags: TIPS
- Use a safety pin, tagging gun, sticker tags or tape to attach price tags
- Tape is only for plastic or hard items!
- Put the tag in the SEAM or in the manufacturer’s tag. DON”T make a hole in the center of the item.
- Test the tag: if it’ll fall off at home, it’ll fall off at the sale.
- Large Items too hard to carry: bring the tag with you & attach to a Claim Ticket at drop off.
Pricing Your Items to SELL
- Shoppers decide what they’ll buy
- What would YOU pay for the item?
- Price, Age, Condition: how shoppers decide
- Prices begin @ $2. Bundle items to increase value
- DISCOUNT IT: select the discount box so it’ll be discounted on the last days, if it hasn’t sold.
- Check out this pricing guide for help.
Hanging, Bundling, Packaging & Preparing Your Items:
Prepping Your Items: TIPS
- 6 tags print on a page. Work with 6 items at a time
- Shake Test: if it falls off the hanger, pin it to the shoulder or get a larger hanger
- Hole Test: if your kids can poke a hole in the bag to get to the toy, use clear packing tape over the ziploc bag
- Shoes: zip tie, rubber band, safety pin together, when possible. Infant shoes can go in a ziploc bag
- Books: saran wrap/ziploc bundles together & tape over the saran wrap/ziploc
- Puzzles: saran wrap around puzzle (no cardboard box puzzles are accepted unless new)
- Games: put pieces in ziploc bags, include manual, keep it organized. Don’t tape it closed. We will do that after inspection
- Elecronics: must turn on! If it’s tiny, tape it to a large piece of cardboard, then put it in a ziploc bag. Tape the bag so holes can’t be made
- Accessories: headbands, socks, bibs, etc are best attachd to an outfit. NO fabric clothing items in bags. Bundle multiple similar accessories and tag as one item.
Save time & resources!
- Price a shirt & pant as one item (one price tag)
- Price several shirts or several pants as one item (one price tag)
When hanging multiples on one hanger:
- Hang the first item on the hanger like usual
- Flip the hanger over. Pin the second item (shirt/pants/skirt) THROUGH the first item, picking up the “shoulder” part of the hanger then come BACK through the first item catching the second item. (Large safety pins work best).
- Nothing falls off, it doesn’t slide around on the hanger, you saved resources & time!
Hanger Faces Left
Make sure when hanging clothing that the “hook” of the hanger faces to the left!
(It’ll resemble a “question mark” when looking at the front of the garment.)
What are some common supplies you’ll need to tag your items?
- hangers (any type!)
- safety pins
- packing tape
- ziploc bags
- saran wrap or packing wrap
- white cardstock paper and/or sticker tags
- Baby wipes, etc to clean it up!
Optional Sticker Tags
Simply print, peel & stick. Easy!
(DeAnn went from printer to finished on 75 items in under 10 minutes!) Yes, they work on clothing, too! 6 tags per sheet
Note: not intended for shoes, thick/textured fabrics or silky/fragile fabrics or any item where the tag will not lay flat.
These are purchased from an outside source. Please allow 5-10 business days for shipping.
150 tags: $13.99
216 tags: $17.99
390 tags: $22.95